It’s important that our students know which members of staff are their first point of contact for their academic and pastoral support during their time at RLS.
Key Stage 3
Head of Year 7: Mrs Emma Kitson
Head of Year 8: Mrs Suze Masnica
Student Support and Transition Lead : Mrs Claire Weight
Key Stage 4
Head of Year 9: Ms Anna Langford
Head of Year 10: Mr Martin Farrell
Head of Year 11: Mrs Jodie Davison
Key Stage 4 Student Support: Miss Laura Graham
Key Stage 5
Head of Sixth Form: Mr Jason Skyrme
Deputy Head of Sixth Form: Mrs Carly Flanagan
Key Stage 5 Student Support: Mrs Liz Wilkins and Miss K Field
Current Form Tutors
Director of Learning Support: Mrs Sharon Barnes (SENCO)
SENCO Assistant: Mrs Amanda McLaughlin
Who Can Help?
At times, we all need advice, reassurance or support. At school there are several people who can help you.
- Contact your Form Tutor or Head of Year
- Speak to the Key Stage Student Support (Mrs Weight, Miss Graham, Mrs Wilkins/Mrs Price) or Mrs Shann (School Health Advisor)
- Peer Listeners – these are Year 12 students who remember what it was like to be a KS3 or 4 student more easily than a member of staff can! You can speak to them when they visit your form each week or pop in to the weekly chat/games session that they run on FRIDAY LUNCHTIMES in ROOM 12.
If you are concerned about the PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL HEALTH of yourself, a family member or a friend there are several people who can help:
- School Counsellors – There is a counsellor in school every day this academic year, who meet students on an appointment basis. Mr Farrell can arrange this for you.
- School Nursing Service –Due to staffing issues, the school nurses (based at Buckingham Hospital) cannot run a weekly lunchtime drop-in service this academic year but you can contact them directly at: Bucemail@example.com.
Remember: There are a lot of useful posters, leaflets and outside agency contact details in the Life Advice Room. If you are passing and it’s free just pop in and have a look. The Health and Wellbeing section on the website also contains helpful information.
There are many support workers who we can call upon to help you – just ask and if we can’t help, we can put you in contact with someone who can.
What should I do if I need help with the following:
Chromebooks/IT – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockers – email our student reception team email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost Property – if an item of clothing/water bottle/lunch box has been lost students should check the lost property boxes in the the student centre. If they have lost boots / shoes they should check the lost property boxes in the student centre first and then the Boot Room in the Gym corridor.
Lost Valuables – if an item of value has been lost then please ask at the student reception team.
Ordered PE Kit being delivered to the school: can be collected by students from the box at the PE office.
ParentPay – email email@example.com
Clubs – see here